Lately, I've been thinking about a pluggable Audio Controller for HTML 5 web games that can take into account character movement, character responses, and music tracks. The more I think of it, the more I get inspired to get started but I have this huge list of things to pencil out:
- How does the native audio support in modern HTML5-capable browsers affect the performance of the application?
- Can I lazy load audio tracks by dynamically injecting the audio track into the DOM?
- Can I programmatically set auto buffering?
- Can I observe the audio object in question and hook into its events with Blast Mojo?
- Can audio objects play at the same time? or do they get queued?
- ...more to come
Small thoughts on a big subjects. I'll give a shot this weekend and see how it goes.