- Self-Confidence: This dimension was created to measure the extent to which an individual feel comfortable with him or herself. The items in this dimension reflect elements of self-confidence in both private and public contexts.
- Family Orientation: This dimension was developed to assess the degree to which a person possess a family orientation.
- Self-Control: This dimension measures the extent to which a person exerts control over sundry aspects of their lives and the lives of others.
- Social Dependency/Openness: This dimension measures the extent to which a person is open to and dependent upon other people.
- Easygoingness: This dimension taps into characteristics associated with being relaxed and psychologically flexible.
Let's look at a few statistics (source http://www.datingsitesreviews.com/staticpages/index.php?page=online-dating-industry-facts-statistics):
- Married couples who met online have an average courtship period of 18.5 months. Married couples who met offline courtship period last on average 42 months.
- The Better Business Bureau in the US said in 2009 they received 2,660 compaints about dating services. In 2005 they received 824 and only 126 in 2004
- The online dating industry is now worth $4 billion worldwide.
- In 2010 it is estimated that Craigslist will earn $122 million with $88 to $99 million being profit. The Adult Services listings make up 30 percent of the revenue.
- In the last year 17% of couples who married met on a dating site.
- 1 in 5 singles have dated someone they met on a dating site.
- 1 in 5 singles are currently in a committed relationship with someone they met on a dating site.
Although having the ability for predictive marriages seems ridiculous, the ability to predict who you will get into a relationship with provides the most value in using Plenty of Fish. I don't use the site, but essentially instead of searching for people (millions) and engaging them, all the grunt work is done by the algorithm to narrow results. The more you use Plenty of Fish, more of your behavioural tendencies will be tracked, ultimately making the predictions more accurate.