- Buy catered lunch -- employees would be waiting at long lineups or walking far just to get lunch -- Keep them at the office so they can socialize.
- Use Google Apps -- Simplifies email, calendars, and document sharing.
- Use data-driven development -- metrics on new features / AB Test
- Use hiring screeners
- Keep your job interviews short
- Don't hire a PR firm -- Marketing associate instead, leveraged his own connections..full time thinking about the product
- Put one guy on fund-raising -- This should be a focused initiative
- Work from home -- You don't need an office nowadays, keep costs down... need one room for a separate phonecall
- Use the cloud while you're small -- don't buy actual hardware unless you're a hardware company.
- Listen to your users the right way -- Users can tell you what's wrong..not what they want, observe the pain points
- Use a .com -- .tv was a marketing failure because people would go to justintv.com.
- Be transparent with employees: how much longer can the company survive with current funding?
- Don't outsource your core components
- Hire specialists when needed (if no one has domain knowledge, build or buy decision)
- Hire people smarter than yourself
- Have a plan for actually making money
1) Click the + sign on the bottom left and click New Command.
2) Paste this into the editbox and make sure you name your command "Strikethrough".
For the input field, select WORD in the drop down.
For the output field, select "insert as snippet".
As for the keybind, you can totally map it to whatever you're comfortable with but I chose Command-D as it is the same thing in Microsoft Word.